North Star Environmental seeks a Trainee Asbestos Analyst/Surveyor to join its ambitious team based in Northern Ireland.
Please see below for a detailed breakdown of this excellent opportunity.
Job Title: Trainee Asbestos Analyst/Surveyor
Location: Across Northern Ireland, working out of our Belfast office
With support and guidance from senior North Star personnel, the Trainee will study for all relevant asbestos qualifications, eventually being signed off to conduct a full range of surveying and analytical work.
The work of an Asbestos Analyst entails:
- Undertaking different forms of asbestos air monitoring, such as background; leak; reassurance; visual; personal and four-stage clearance for Certificates of Reoccupation.
- Ensuring asbestos contractors on site adhere to Health and Safety procedures with regards to asbestos.
- Liaising with clients on a regular basis.
- Collating and writing comprehensive reports, using 3D drawing technology and digital paperwork.
The work of an Asbestos Surveyor entails:
- Undertaking different forms of asbestos surveys, including management, refurbishment and demolition surveys, to a range of properties.
- Submitting comprehensive asbestos reports.
- Building and maintaining strong relationship with a large portfolio of clients.
In general, North Star seeks applications from candidates with the following attributes:
- Working hours flexibility – This is not a typical 9-5 job, and the scheduling of work can lead to fluctuating shift patterns. Nevertheless, North Star does everything to allocate jobs in a fair and understanding manner.
- Strong work ethic – The Trainee must have a selfless determination to work hard for the betterment of themselves and the company.
- Excellent communication skills – Both written and verbal communication skills are essential to this job, enabling transparent liaison with clients and colleagues.
- Team player – At North Star, we have a philosophy of working together to achieve constant progress, on a business and personal level. A willingness to work for the good of the team is pivotal.
In return for these services and attributes, North Star is offering a very competitive salary structure, with built-in escalation depending on the attainment of qualifications and continued loyalty. This will be discussed in detail at the interview stage.
North Star Environmental is one of Britain’s leading consultancies, holding UKAS accreditation for testing and surveying activities. Our reputation as an industry powerhouse is well established, and this is a wonderful opportunity for a career-minded individual to join our growing team.
To discuss this role in greater detail, or to lodge initial interest, please send an email to Mark Henry, Contracts Director – firstname.lastname@example.org. This email should express your interest, tell us a bit about yourself, and include a CV for our inspection.
North Star Environmental. Where excellence meets integrity.